WHO ARE WE?
Psoriasis Philippines , Inc. (PsorPhil) is a non-profit organization composed of psoriasis patients, their families, and people who care for them. PsorPhil represents the interest of all psoriasis patients in the Philippines in the national and global arena.
1.9 million Filipinos are believed to be suffering in silence with this disease. Most people with psoriasis choose to hide and withdraw from society for fear of being ridiculed and disliked by the public. Suicidal ideation of psoriasis sufferers is one of the highest among patients (10%). By empowering psoriasis sufferers, giving them the venue to be connected with one another in order to alleviate their condition PsorPhil aims to improve their quality of life. Our hope is that one day, no psoriasis sufferer will ever be discriminated again because of his/her condition.
The Works of Psoriasis Philippines (PsorPhil)
PsorPhil aims to improve the lives of Filipino Psoriasis Sufferers by:
- Educating the patients and public alike about psoriasis with its physical and psycho-socio-economic effects on its
- patients. A more informed community can yield more opportunities and better living conditions for patients.
- Linking the economically challenged patients to institutions who can fund their medicines and treatments.
- Providing a community for the sufferers that can guide them to having a good sense of being through emotional support.
- Linking new patients with no doctors managing their conditions to proper and qualified medical practitioners.
- Working continuously with the Department of Health (DOH) on seeking ways on how to include psoriasis into the national health policy and agenda of the government.
- Working closely with the Philippine Dermatological Society (PDS) and other appropriate doctors for the better care and treatments of the patients.
- Creating projects for the local government units (LGUs) and City Health Officers (CHO) that will look for people with psoriasis in the grassroots (barangay) levels.
- Helping to create a national psoriasis registry.
- Representing the Filipino Psoriasis Community in the global arena.
- Providing a venue for sharing knowledge among psoriasis experts for the discovery of new and better